OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Monday, February 21, 2011

My month with Ree- Day 9

For Day 9, I was going to try "Beef and Bean Burritos". I make burritos all the time, a variation or them, but when I saw Ree's post about using "el pato" I thought I would give those a try, while at the same time, incorporating meat back into my "Operation Ree". Day 9 was a particurly busy day, so the fact they were also under Ree's 16 minute meals was an added bonus. I started the burritos at 11:48 and we were sitting at the table for dinner/lunch (depends if you're asking the hubby or the children) at 12:04!! That makes a very tired mommy and a very hungry family very HAPPY!!!

I really enjoyed the taste of the sauce/ "el Pato". I always smother our burritos in some sort of sauce and cheese and I will definitely keep this in the pantry for that go to source!! I did feel like this particular sauce did have more of an authentic flavor than most and I didn't add any taco seasoning to the meat, which is what some people think you must do when making any "mexican" dish. The family loved it and Cohen liked the fact that the sauce on top wasn't as hot as it usually it...whoops;) He was concerned though when he saw the can because he read it first and thought it said pata, which is foot in spanish and he was like "what foot are you using at lunch?". I told him that it was PATO, which means duck and that I honestly had no idea why a duck was on the can, but that we were having cow for dinner, not duck or feet, so either way not to worry! We had the burritos with Ree's restaurant style salsa and all was tasty in my piece of the world.
"The duck sauce" as it is now dubbed by my Cohen
Beef and Bean Burritos
Grade A+

No comments:

Post a Comment