OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Saturday, February 12, 2011

My month with Ree- Day 2

So in my last post, I failed to mention that I technically started my month with Ree a few days ago, and I was a few days behind on blogging about it already, whoops. I think I should get an award for consistently being inconsistent:)

Back to the matter at hand, cooking. So while I was searching Ree's site for stew recipes, like every blog, I clicked on ten thousand other things too. I stumbled across lots of other recipes I wanted to try, which is where we deviate from the original task at hand of trying to eat down all the meat we had lots of. That didn't last long;) Again with the inconsistency. So the next thing I decided to try was "perfect potatoes au gratin"....and they too, were great! They reminded me a lot of the creamy potatoes that my momma makes; I love foods that take me back to people I love. We had everything on hand too, which makes trying it super easy! The only thing I would change was they were pretty garlicky. I remember reading that she adds more garlic than usual, but I went off of the recipe card and it called for more garlic. Didn't stop me from eating them though:)


straight out of the oven--i think I added extra cheese--I LOVE CHEESE

Perfect Potatoes Au Gratin
Grade A

1 comment: