OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Boy is Back in Town

So you may remember a week and a half ago when Sweet Baby Sawyer got exiled from our house due to illnesses from his siblings. He initially was gone Thursday day and night--then that turned into overnight through Sunday afternoon. It was tragic. We missed him. To say we missed him is an understatement. Cohen and Miayla cried for him. We skyped with him at least 5 times a day. I visited him. We colored him pictures, wrote him letters. Shared stories about him. It was all quite sad. It made my heart heavy for all of those that have had a child taken from them. I know this fails in comparison, but just 4 days from him broke our hearts, I could never imagine a lifetime. I pray nightly for those parents. But back to Sawyer. Sawyer is a cutie. Laid back, fun, random. He has his favorites spots and the things he is taking and always getting in trouble for taking, but that is Sawyer and that is why we love him.

So last Sunday, Feb 6th, he arrived back home. I had already decided that Sunday would be Sawyer Appreciation day (I used to have to endure these growing up for my brother, Tony. We would have all these "Tony appreciation days" but never had them for anyone else--that's the last kid for ya. The day would consist of just loving the "subject" of appreciation. Their whole, can do no wrong, status for the day. Much easier to do for a little 1 year old--not so easy to do for a turkey teenager- but I did it-I guess it paid off in the end since he is the reason we are getting Sawyer back;) So We were all waiting for Cody to return with the prodigal son. All ready to love on him, play with him, appreciate him...... And do you know what Sawyer did as soon as he was carried in? Well first he clapped, then when Cody set him down, he went straight to the cabinet because he noticed that the child lock was off...
and he proceeded to take things out of it.
Then he went for his favorite spot---
The table and chairs!


Then he found Cody's hat on the table--it is autographed and Cody rarely wears it. Kids don't touch it...except today one did. He not only touched it, but he wore it, bent it, threw it to the side when he was done with it....it was fun to watch.
Such a cutie!
Then he noticed Cohen and Miayla's door was open! This is like the promised land. He never gets to go in their room. It is a little sad sometimes because they will be in there with the door shut and he will lay on his belly and look under the door and just wait....:(
Well his wait was over
Not only did he make it in the room, but he made it in a chair, to their art table AND even got his hands on a leapster 2!!! HEAVEN!!
Inspite of all the ornariness, we still appreciated him.
Then the next morning, because I was feeling generous, introduced him to powdered donuts. Usually I have him eat toast and yogurt, but I thought he would like a little treat...Boy did he!!!
Is he not the cutest thing you have ever seen??
HE LOVED THE DONUTS!!
And because I missed him so much and the mere thought of him being gone makes me sad, he has continued to have donuts every morning for breakfast since:)

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious!! I can imagine how much you all must have missed him, I feel the same way about my kiddos. I feel like that about Simon just being at school for the day.
    The donuts cracked me up, Mattie had her first pack of white powder donuts today, she loved them and was singing "donuts all gone Mommy, donuts all gone Mommy, donuts all gone Mommy" when they ran out.

    ReplyDelete