OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Monday, February 21, 2011

My month with Ree- Day 10

So clearly we have established that I LOVE BREAD!! It brings me so much joy! Well this particular night for dinner, we did not have any regular bread besides the sliced store bought stuff and I felt like a failure!! What warm gooey goodness could I give to my family to go with their roast and potatoes? Something that did not need to rise for 3 hours...something that would satisfy their bread craving, or mine at least. What I ask? What? I panicked, then I turned to Ree:)


I came across her "monkey muffins" and they fit the bill perfectly!!! I had everything on hand, they were easy, incredibly easy, and they totally gave me my fix, I mean our fix;) As much as I would have liked to have used real bread dough, all I had were biscuits in the fridge, so i cut those into thirds and carried on, feeling like a failure yet again. The good thing is they worked just fine for the time being and since I was short on time anyway (like an hour til dinner) there were not too many other options. I may have over-cooked them a tad, but the sweetened condensed milk, set and made them gooey helping me not to end up as a total failure for the night. Which I use sweetened milk on a variety of desserts, but I would have never thought to use it as an icing per se on a roll. They were fabulous!! I will add these puppies to my list of go-to's, and you should definitely try them!!



Because I used biscuits, I was only able to make 10 "muffins"-- which ended up being okay because the kiddos and Cody each had 1 a piece, leaving me 6. At first I was sad I only got 6, then I thought about it and realized that although I could eat more, I realistically shouldn't eat more. I was proud of myself for practicing some restraint.

If you could smell it, you would of been proud of me too. Of course though, if you could have smelled them, you wouldn't have blamed me for initially being sad either....


Monkey Muffins
Grade A




No comments:

Post a Comment