OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Saturday, February 26, 2011

My month with Ree- Day 14

I usually only have russet potatoes on hand at home, so I have been trying to add red potatoes to the mix as well. I enjoy potatoes and since I married a meat and potatoes type of guy, we go through them pretty dang fast. Where as I do love a baked potato with butter and cheese and bacon, I am always looking for new recipes to try. Luckily Ree has some good ones too:)



I decided to try "Restaurant Style Smashed Potatoes" with our meal the other day. They seemed super easy and I would be using the red potatoes that I had purchased earlier in the week. The picture of them reminded me of a steakhouse (guess they ring true to their name) and since they sounded pretty similar to my loaded mashed potatoes, I figured we should be on the safe side. Turns out they were indeed incredibly easy. Ree was right in saying to serve them hot with the fried onion strings because they did get a little crunch texture that you normally do not get in potatoes. I of course added cheese to my helping because I am a cheese addict, but without cheese, I hear they were still delish.



Restaurant Style Smashed Potatoes

Grade B+

No comments:

Post a Comment