OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Sunday, February 20, 2011

My month with Ree-Day 7

Disclaimer: Initially when I decided to do this "operation ree" per se, I saw myself sitting at the island in my kitchen, each night, as the dishwasher ran, and my kiddos slept and Cody worked. I figured I would blog about whatever I had made a few hours previous.... THIS DID SO NOT HAPPEN!!! So now I am playing catch up--Big time. Enjoy posts 7-11 and please note that I DID NOT consume all of it in one day:)

Bacon. Bacon is one of those staple items in our home. If I could eat it everyday, I would. No questions. I would probably die of a clogged artery one day, but that would be okay, because I am confident the heavens are lined with bacon shops! And to top it off, I married a fellow bacon lover and we have created a bacon loving off-spring. Miayla is the worst. People are constantly amazed that a tiny, petite, beauty can devour bacon the way she does. But she does, and a little part of me is proud:) When we order our pig, bacon is always the first to run out. Hands down. We love bacon. And luckily my friend Ree does too! I stumbled across many recipes that had bacon so another goal for this operation, was to try as many as those too! I decided to give "Marlboro Man's second favorite sandwich" a go try. It is topped with bacon and cheese, two favs!!!

This recipe was super easy to make! It took no time at all and I believe Miayla took a good deal of frustration out on the chicken. She hit it so hard, she tore the wax paper, yet she kept pounding away! I know in Ree's blog about this sandwich, she comments that you can change it and vary up the seasonings and what not...I decided to make it as called for. And as much as it pains me to say it...it was not a hit:( This was the first recipe we were not crazy about. Miayla took the chicken off and the sandwich with just the bacon, cheese, and bun. Cohen ate half of his, then took his bacon off and ate it. Cody was a good boy and ate all of his. I ate most of mine, hoping each bite would be the one that made me fall in love with the sandwich, but it never happened. I think it was the lemon seasoning that did it for me. I am not the biggest fan of lemons, and it didn't help that I had thoroughly cleaned house earlier that day, so I was a little on lemon smell overload. I will attempt to make it again, just with different seasonings. It was my first defeat for the month. You can't win them all though, and I am pretty confident that tomorrow we will jump back on the happy eaters bandwagon:)

Look at all that bacon and cheese:)

Marlboro Man's Second Favorite Sandwich

Grade- C

No comments:

Post a Comment