OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Double Date

This post can start many ways. It can start by me saying that when I met Cody, I never once thought about what kind of father he would be. It can start by me saying I didn't want kids back in the day. It could also start by saying that mornings are hard for Cohen and nights difficult for Miayla. All of the said statements would be true, and all statements would lead us to where we are today. The shortened versions would go something like this: When I met Cody, he was handsome (still is, I could stare at his ass in jeans for hours, sometimes I do). BUT he was definitely not the one that I stepped back and wondered what kind of father he would be. Maybe I didn't think of him like that because I was not in the market to have kids....not at that time, possibly not ever. We laugh today about how I told him early on in the relationship that I thought 26 was a little young to get married. (we laugh bc the joke was on us with being 27 and having 4 kids and 5.5 yrs of marriage:) But it wasn't until a certain dinner at olive Garden one night, that he mentioned something about what he would do with his kids one day, that I actually stepped back and thought about him in that role. It was then that I realized, he would make an excellent father, a fun father, a cute father:) And as fate would have it, it is a good thing that I was right. Although Code does have some small maturity issues, he is an unbelievable father. And one thing I love about his fathering abilities, is that they compliment my mothering abilities perfectly!! I only want to raise good, christian kiddos, that love God above all, and treat others with kindness, and always remember where they came from....and maybe go to Notre dame, and of course not marry anyone that I don't approve of, or maybe even never move out, and take care of me when I get old, but never think of me as old.... I'm digressing. Anyway, we want them to be loved, know they are loved, and know that we will always be there for them.

This is where Cohen's fearful mornings come in and Miayla's bad nights. If you have had the privilege of putting Miayla to sleep you know that she is a bundle of trouble. She needs a drink of water, to brush her teeth, to get a band or five, find her sheep blanket and horsey, to tell about some odd medical condition she is currently enduring, leaving her unable to sleep-latest one---"every time I close my eyes, my ribs hurt." or just plain diva-ness "princesses don't sleep, they just lay here and be beautiful"--this is where Sleeping beauty saves the day. Anyway, it is difficult. So what do you do when you can't fight it anymore? you make a game of it. Who loves dessert more than Miayla (besides me)? NO ONE! So for every night she goes to bed properly and STAYS THERE, she gets a happy face and after so many happy faces, she gets to go on a date with her daddy to a special place for dessert. Guess who got 15 perfect nights in a row??? :) yeppers, the princess. And guess who is on her way to another great night time record? yeppers, our princess.

now Cohen, his is a bit more difficult and this is why we originally came up with this idea. He is incredibly sweet, but very sensitive. He has a heart of gold and gets anxiety about many things. We have many routines with him, but mornings are still a little hard. So when he wakes up and has a good morning, he gets a happy face and after so many, he gets to go on a date too. Do you know who loves breakfast more than Cohen (besides me)? NO ONE! So after so many "happies" we get to go to breakfast together BEFORE school. Once he is to school he is usually fine. We try to teach him that it is a safe place and that just because he is there, we are still accessible. The school knows that sometimes he needs to just check in and they allow him to call, fairly freely:) I've gotten calls about forgotten chap stick, one about how he saw a red yukon go by and wanted to know if I had drove by. I laugh, but really, I feel blessed that he is surrounded by people who hug him when I can't and pray with him, while I am praying for him. It's just the getting there that is sometimes the difficult part. Except now:) He is doing great with his "chart" and everyone here is happy! Here are pictures from our dates! We both went last Thursday and they both picked Spangles... or as Miayla says it "spangles it just tastes better."

it was a bit chilly in there, especially when you add an orange juice slush:)
Thumbs up for french toast sticks and hash browns:) PS, I am no longer a morning person, (really not a night person either now that I think about it), so there are no pics of Cohen and me together on this date:(


Cody and Miayla are like those annoying couples that sit next to each other in the booth instead of across from each other.... sheesh;)

Somehow Miayla got two things....maybe I should try sitting next to him after all for two desserts:)

Such a cute couple--this is where Cody says one of the desserts was his....he would lie for her though... This date was short bc they got cold and left.....


And finished their date "snuggled" up at home on the couch


until.....



the infamous party crasher came:) Gosh he is a cutie.
yay for double dates!!

No comments:

Post a Comment