OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Saturday, February 26, 2011

My month with Ree- Day 12

**I started this post then left--thus it being posted late in the week...

The kiddos were off of school today for President's day. It was kind of funny because Cohen had wanted to play outside late last night and I told him that he would have to wait until tomorrow (today) because it was time to come in. I assured him his friends would be out playing since they all had off of school too. He got very upset and assured me that they would indeed NOT be playing outside, because they would all be having "celebrations for President's Day"!! I laughed a little and was like "what are you talking about?" He proceeded to explain to me what president's day was and how it should be celebrated. In my mind I kept thinking "Gosh, I wish your dad was here to hear this because he doesn't "observe" little holidays." (Cody works all the time, I try to get him to take off for everything under the sun, but the kid has a good work ethic, so he goes into the office all the time.) But at the end of my lecture, it was clear that President's Day deserved some sort of celebration. Since the kiddos love to cook, I decided to make something special with them for breakfast. We would have a lazy morning and I would meet my Ree quota for the day:).

I decided we would try Ree's "French Breakfast Puffs". They were bread and had tons of cinnamon and sugar (my favs). They were incredibly easy to make (I am pretty sure Miayla and Cohen could have done it all by themselves if I let them, but the images of the book "don't wake momma" appeared in my head and we all know not to mess with me without my bread fix so I didn't dare let them.) The kiddos loved rolling the muffins in the butter and the coating. At one point, Cohen forgot he was actually rolling the muffin in the butter and it slowly started to fall apart. Whoops. The muffins were really delicious too and I loved the subtle nutmeg taste to them. Ree said they "reheat beautifully" if frozen so these too will be added to my freezer cooking day:)

**So it is now a few days later and these puppies still taste delicious. Still super moist and totally filling my bread cravings.


**So now it is 5 days later and these little guys are gone. I consumed the majority of them;)

So delicate and moist and cinnamon sugary:)

I made mini ones for Sawyer too:)
French Breakfast Puffs
Grade A+

No comments:

Post a Comment