OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Saturday, February 26, 2011

My month with Ree- Day 13

So our President's Day celebration turned into more of a Ree celebration. We had started out with her French Breakfast puffs, then for lunch Cohen requested beef and bean burritos, and for dinner we had sloppy joes because I needed something toasted. Because of all this food, and the left overs, I took a break from something new from Ree on Tuesday. I still felt her presence though as I continued to eat puffs through out the day.





For Day 13, I decided to try "Buttered Rosemary Rolls" at the suggestion of a friend. I was actually pretty excited about this "recipe" because I needed to use a cast iron skillet. Cody and I struggle with lots of things in life...one of them being the ability to care for a cast iron skillet. We have gone through a couple of them and I needed a new one. Since I needed the skillet for a meal, I thought it was justified to fit into our grocery budget. Yay me. So after I purchased OUR FAMILY another skillet, I was ready to try the recipe. I had bought a bigger skillet than the one Ree uses, and I should have put more rolls in there, but realized that after the fact so they were not as pretty as hers. They made the house smell yummy. I slathered mine with butter and their warm goodness made my night. And do you know who else loved them? Sweet baby Sawyer. He LOVED them, he had 4. Cohen ate too much chicken pot pie and was full so he didn't have any. Cody was gone this particular evening so he didn't get any, and miayla had one and thought it was delicious (although, I think she was trying to suck up because she didn't eat her pot pie and wanted dessert.) So the only grade I have to go off of are Sawyer's and mine, but since we loved them, I think it did well:)





He had just taken a bite....of his first one


This was on his 4th..I love his little hands.



Buttered Rosemary Rolls


Grade A





No comments:

Post a Comment