OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Monday, February 28, 2011

My Month with Ree- Day 15

One thing about getting 1/2 beefs is you get a lot of roast. Or at least it seems that way. Maybe it is because I don't like roasts so don't use them so by the time we get another 1/2 beef I am up to my ears in roasts....We have more dang roasts than I'd care to have. I know, I know, everyone loves roasts. Do you know how I like roasts? When Cody smokes them or cooks them or pretty much when I don't have to do anything with the roast, that is how and when I like them. Well...before now. We will now call this time B.R. (Before Ree).

I realized that I do have some amazing roast recipes, some easy roast recipes, however, I lacked patience with my roast. I lacked the proper care and preparation for the roast pre-roasting time therefore, I disliked the roast at eating time. I decided to use one of the lots of meats we have in the freezer and give the roast another go around. I chose Ree's "Perfect Pot Roast". It smelled perfect, it was easy to prepare, it was insanely similar to other roast recipes that I cursed myself for ruining all those roasts in the making of this roast. And Cody said it was the most perfect roast I have ever made. Yay. Looking at the dish it doesn't look like very much, but this was about a 1/3 of the roast. We had it again the next day and I am pretty sure there is still some left in the fridge. Although even though I am blogging about it at 9 am on a Monday morning, the thought of it is making my mouth water, so I may just go heat the rest of that up now:)

So tender-so good.
Perfect Pot Roast
Grade A


4 comments:

  1. we love roast at our house. tim is a meat and potatoes guy too, so it's an easy meal to please him. i just throw mine in the crock pot all day with water, lea&perrins, garlic, and steak seasoning. fall apart delish.

    you can use left over roast for shredded beef tacos or our fav-BBQ pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get a 1/2 beef every year too, and guess what I made for tonight??? ROAST lol :-) Hope it turns out as well as yours did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my favorite Ree recipes! We make that 2-3 times a month!

    ReplyDelete