OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Monday, February 14, 2011

My month with Ree- Day 5

One thing about this Ree thing is that she is helping me come out of my comfort zone. I am a pretty picky eater. In the last post I mentioned my lack of enthusiasm for onions...well peppers are a close second. The only time I used peppers was for fajitas (onions too), salsa, and I am sure Cody used them on the grill. However, I do eat them if they are in foods, well some foods. So I was kind of stepping out of my box when i decided to make Ree's Sloppy Joes. BUT I am soooo glad I did.

We have always been a sloppy joe kind of family. NO NOT MANWICH! I am talking about homemade sloppy joes. We have them a couple times a month (take no time to make) and Cohen loves them. Cody is not a fan of bread when it comes to sloppy joes. He likes his on a slice of wheat bread with a cheese slice, then the meat hovering on top. Since he is not a fan of hamburger buns either, I rarely buy them. We just use bread. Which has worked out great to this point because I use my handy dandy Pampered Chef sandwich closer (cut-n-seal technically) which makes our sloppy joes less sloppy when kiddos eat them:) However, I am stuck with just two slices of bread and a slice of cheese. NEVER AGAIN! I will toast my buns from this day forward. hahaha!! Ree's recipe was great and easy, surprise! The onions and peppers were great in it and everything was a nice balance. Cody even commented that it "looked country", while also admitting it was the best he had. SCORE! All those married to those well fed momma's boys know what I am talking about. lol!

I only made half the recipe because...well, I don't know why, but I did:)
Check out that toasted bun:)
Sloppy Joes
Grade- A

No comments:

Post a Comment