OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Monday, August 24, 2009

COHEN GOES TO KINDERGARTEN!!!

Some very wise woman once said that when she saw her child, it was like her heart walking outside of her body...or something to that effect. The love of a mother is unreal, and you only know this love, when you have a child of your own. I know we are supposed to give our children roots and wings...but what happens when his little wings are trying to flap and you aren't quite ready for that step? That is kind of what I have been feeling with Cohen's school year quickly approaching. It was so hard to be sad the day August 18th arrived. He was sooo excited and full of joy. I know he will change a ton this year and every year after, but a part of me never wants him to grow up. I wish I could still hold him forever, protecting him from everything painful, but I can't. He has to go, and I have to just watch and be there for him, hoping I have made him into a kind, compassionate, Christian human being. Cody and I wrote him a letter and read it to him the night before his first day. Although I do not think he paid attention, one day he will look back at it, and all the letters we will write him the night before the first day of school, and realize how much he has grown and how much we love him and are proud of him. We will remain his biggest fans forever...even if his talent is just fingerpainting...or chatting:) Yay for new beginnings for Cohen.















He goes to Resurrection Catholic School and here are his super cute uniforms!!!















On Monday the 17th, we went to our "last lunch" at El Rodeo with Cody! We have ate here as a family since Cohen was in womb...the servers love the kiddos and Cohen asks to go to the place where they "rub his head."













































































THE FIRST DAY!!!! It's okay to cry!






































































He could hardly sit still!!! What a cutie:)




No comments:

Post a Comment