OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Monday, January 3, 2011

Manic Monday!

So the Ayres Household has had a most exciting Monday! It all started last night. I layed in bed thinking about Monday morning, our SONOGRAM DAY. Then, as always, I started freaking out. What if something is wrong with the baby? what if they were wrong and there are 2? What if we accidentally see more than we want? Then it went to, when was the last time I checked the carbon monoxide detector? Did you lock all the doors? you get the picture, very restless.....OR... mother's intuition:)
At 3:32, I awoke to hear the pitter patter of little patas (feet), then a crash. I sat up in bed and called out to the kids. The pathway from their room to our room is a little lit, so I usually see them coming, except this time, no one was there. I was still startled and scared, so I hit Cody to wake him up. "Babes, i think one of the kids is up, will you check?"
Nothing
Then you hear movement again, and this time, it woke Cody too. He got out of bed and started to walk to the "kids wing" of the house. (really our house is not that big, but we like to pretend). Along the way, he stopped, because we heard noise again, but again no kids.
At this point I had my phone in my hands and 911 dialed, but not calling, secretly wishing all the guns were at a height I could reach them without having to go to the kitchen and get a chair. Because you know, you can call a timeout when an invader is in your home to run to the kitchen and get a chair, then the other room to get the gun!
Anyway, he turned on the hall light, then said "OH MY GOD!!!.......SAWYER?!?!?!"
My heart sank to my stomach.
Something had happened to my sweet baby sawyer.
My world was over.

.............
Turns out no one stole him. Cody turned around and was like "there you are." way too nonchalantly. And sure enough, coming around the island in the kitchen, was Sawyer, just laughing and waddling along. So smiley, but a little hesitant, like "you caught me, crap".
I had seen the recall on drop side cribs, but ours wasn't one recalled. Turns out if technically it wasn't recalled, three babies into it is less than 6 years, was enough apparently.



How he escaped.


Playing and enjoying being kissed and some one on one time with Mommy and daddy who are thanking God that I was not another death statistic even at 4 am:) think this was his last cry for attention before the baby comes? I think he knew about the sonogram appointment...
Speaking of sonogram appointment, here is Baby A 4th.













Perfect. Healthy. Ours.







Here is a wave. Greetings from the womb with a view:)
We didn't find out what the sex was because we never had. You might remember the entry about Cody's motorcycle last year, long story short, the sonogram was wrong. We knew there was a reason we never found out and the tech said even if we wanted to know the baby had it's feet up below the tummy blocking all views so it didn't matter. Which is why I think it is a GIRL. Already non-cooperative:) Even though we didn't find out, we all had our opinions.








Boy, Girl, Boy, Vote for Sawyer, mine was a girl.



















Cohen wants a boy because, as he told the tech, "Girls are A LOT of work at our house. Hard to control." Where does he get this? ;)









Miayla wants a SISTER! The entire time cohen was talking, and every time he would say the word "brother", she would sweetly, interject "sister" under her breath.:)












Cody THINKS it's a boy. He knows better than to say what he WANTS:)




Our little signs. Miayla spent the most time on hers... Cody the least. After Sawyer's fiasco last night, he decided he wanted to remain the baby longer, thus voting for himself.
WHAT A DAY! WHAT A LIFE!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Times a few! So glad Sawyer is ok...that would definitely give you a scare! And your little voting signs are just too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is so adorable Jeny! You can tell that you are doing a wonderful job with them! How scary about Sawyer's crib! We had one of the Simplicity ones that was recalled for Ira, so we got a new one (without drop sides) for Ruby.

    ReplyDelete