OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm gonna look weird

So as we all know, Miayla is a whole lotta sass in a little package. Every time we get her dressed she has something to complain about, with her argument usually ending in "I'm gonna look weird." I have never made her look silly or this "weird" she speaks of. I have way to many photos of me when I was a kid that I think "did my parents not love me???" I mean I know fashions change, but was not matching ever in style? Luckily, I have seen pictures of my friends and family and see that they too were subject to a bad fashion era. But anyway, back to my Mia. Her stubbornness, has just about worn on my already tired body, so we have decided to start letting her pick her own clothes. I know that it will never get too far because when she starts kindergarten she will be in uniform, but for now, it is all her. This should be a fun journey to go on:) Maybe not be too funny if I have to stand next to her in public, but at least looking back, she will have documentation that these were her choices so it is all on her if she "looks weird." Honestly, I am little excited to see what she comes up with. She always tells Cody that things don't match, or don't go together. It's enjoyable to hear him accept defeat and say "I know, your mom had to dress me in the beginning too." (remember the post of how we came to be "us"?) I do have faith in my little diva. Here is her first outfit. (she has never wore this combination before by the way;) Not bad:)
She chose her layered heart tee, with her "cuddle me" sweater and her "no boots" (she knows they won't fit nicely in her boots) jeans .

I told her I wanted to take her picture and she automatically posed:)


Yay, for Day 1 for Miayla!



1 comment:

  1. You always have to wonder how kids get to be so strong willed so early on!

    ReplyDelete