OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The day Hell froze over

So, I had a most interesting experience today in the place I least expected it....ever.... WALMART! Really there are two back stories to this story, so I will first begin with those.

1. If you knew me at all, lets say 7 1/2 years ago... I was skinny. Tiny. I wore a size 0, 2 on my "big" days. My boobs were decent, but more importantly in the position they were supposed to be in, pointing the direction they should of. I was in shape. I had nice abs, thin thighs, and overall was proud of my body. Some people thought I had an eating disorder, but if you really knew me, you knew that was impossible. I LOVE FOOD, and I HATE THROWING UP!! I would work out occasionally but was not a freak about it. I think most of my exercise came from walking Cody to class.... opposite of the direction of my car:) Love is blind. Anyway, point being, I was tiny. Well, about 6 1/2 years ago, we were blessed with a beautiful baby boy, Cohen. My body however, was blessed with 40 pounds, stretch marks (which I prefer to refer to as pride marks), and well gravity...you know where the "girls" pointed now. Three more kiddos later, you can imagine how great of shape my body is currently in. Or I guess more appropriately not in. So now I go to the Y. And I try. But you know who makes it real hard to try?? Yep, the little perky blonde, with the tiny ass, big boobs, not a hair out of place, impeccable make-up, and such cute sporty attire. And to top it off, the girl can run. Her form is beautiful and the precision she uses in her regime is flawless. As my luck would have it, she usually runs on the treadmill in front of me. So the entire time, i get to think about how perfect her life is. My guess is she throws a nice Christmas party, gets to go to a nice brunch every Sunday, probably has an extensive Victoria Secret collection, and probably leads a fairly relaxed life style. Confirmation came about two summers ago when I would see her at Tot time at the pool. Yes, beautiful girl has two beautiful boys. She must of been blessed with the "get away from gravity FREE" card, because at tot time, she wears a tiny pink bikini. I tell myself I wouldn't wear one of those even if I could because one scared toddler reaction, and everyone would get a show. Her kids don't misbehave though, so this doesn't apply. Anyway, point being, girl's borderline perfect. At least from what I can observe from a non-stalkerish point of view:)

Back story #2. I HATE WALMART!! With the passion of a thousand suns, I hate WALMART. If it wasn't so cheap, I would not shop there. In my perfect world, Wal-mart would not exist. I often say I am going to "Hell" when I refer to walmart. Cody will call me while I am there and I tell him that "I'm in Hell". I am sure the two are very similar. I go though because we need groceries. A lot of them. I can count on one hand the amount of times my family eats out in a month. I cook...all the time. But I still hate that place. I know it like the back of my hand, but I hate that place. I go on Wednesdays usually while the kids are at school and Kids day out. Because the only thing I hate more than walmart, is taking kids to walmart. Now I can begin my story.

Today, I went to check out at walmart (Thank you Baby Jesus, it is just about over), and guess who I saw???? Yep, you guessed it, beautiful girl. She checked out across from me. Of course, she looked great in her "just got done at the gym, with impeccable make-up, not a hair out of place" sporty attire. BUT the next thing I noticed left me doing a double-take. Then I just plain stared. Beautiful girl had pizza rolls, TV dinners (the kids kind too;), spagettios, boxed meals, chips, snacks!!! Who would of thought?Sugared cereal!! I always thought she had a personal chef, or lived solely off of salad. I know I was way too excited about it, but wouldn't you be? I mean I try not to judge people and the girl is sweet, but do you know what that sight did for me? She is human, she eats like other people (we do not own a single pizza roll, or tv dinner, or spagettios) but point being she helped me remember that we are all on our own little journey. Some may have prettier, pointier, bodies, but in the end, we all do have our own little imperfections. (Granted she did still have a lot of V8 and vitamin water and healthy food too though). So next time I see her running at her super face pace, thinking how perfect her life is, I will remind myself that I was one up on her.... I at least tried to save the world using my re-usable cloth bags:)


Also, this is WAY off subject, but I had to share because it was also so odd. I went to get in the show this morning and I noticed something. Cody gets up and showers and gets the kiddos ready for school, so this particular morning, I did not get in the shower/ out of bed until 9:45ish:) Anyway, I am getting in the shower and I notice this....
Yes, you are right, that is a box of Jiffy cornbread mix. It had gotten wet and expanded too;/. I am not for sure how Cody missed it... this picture was taken exactly how it was found. He really does not recall seeing it, let alone stepping over it. I remember Sawyer carrying it around yesterday, and now that I think about it, I don't remember picking it back up... guess I know where he put it:) Love that little boy!



3 comments:

  1. The thing that jumped out most at me was OMG I love your shower! A lot! Love the glass tile!

    Other than that, I'm glad you had your moment that reminded you perfection isn't really real! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, you lament YOUR body?! Try starting having babies at age 30!!!! It is downright MISERABLE! ANd I have a skinny, pretty girl who always looks perfect at Emily's dance. I want to hate her, but she is nice. Oh and she is super rich... drives a Mercedes and carries a REAL Louie! So I want to hate her even more :) Oh well. Like reading your blog again! Maybe we can "play date" soon... miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. scanning through your blog, some people might think you have the perfect life. like megan said-perfection isn't real. i always fall into the comparison trap, but you just can't know someone's crosses.

    ReplyDelete