OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR

So I, like millions of others are starting out the new year with resolutions. One of those obviously being to update this blog more than a handful of times a year:) Hopefully that will be tons easier with my new laptop that Cody James got me for Christmas!!!! Now I don't have to go down to the unfinished, non-kid friendly, illuminated with ONE light bulb basement to get on the computer. As I type this I am actually in bed, just having been served my second meal in bed for the day, thinking I could get used to this!

I am going to try to do a recap of 2010 over the next few days so look forward to seeing snippets of our lives over the year, it was an amazing year. When I think back on 2010, or even just a year ago, I had a good idea of what the year would hold. I knew that our year would be pretty low key, predictable. I knew that the majority of the year would be dedicated to readjusting our lives around a newborn. It had been over 3 years since a wee one was in our home (to stay), and I figured there would be some sleepless nights, lots of firsts, and enormous amounts of love. I was RIGHT! The love I have felt in this house this past year has been nothing short of phenomenal! I say that Sawyer is by far the most loved little brother ever and I truly believe that:) They wait for him to get up, kiss and chase him all day, and hate when it is time for naps or bed. Their love for him, is such an amazing example of selfless love and a blissful reminder of how I hoped, prayed they would grow up to be.

God is so present in our everyday life and I thank Him for that. So many experiences through-out the day turn into great lessons of compassion, selflessness, and love. Just the other day Miayla and I were at Sams (sawyer was with us too, as always). Anyway, we go to Sams just about every Friday after I pick her up from school, and we get amazing samples (lol) and have pizza for lunch. Being a week before Christmas, this particular Friday Sams was booming. We sat down to eat our pizza. There were no open tables and Miayla noticed a man standing to eat his pizza. I noticed it too. She got up all by herself and moved across from me, which opened the little adjoining table. Then she asked if I could tell that man he could sit there so he wouldn't have to stand. I was taken back!! It was such an amazing gesture for a 4-yr old, that it warmed my heart that cold day. On the way home we talked about it and the story just got better. I asked her why she moved and she said (in Miayla lingo), "that when Joseph and Mary went to that one place there was no room for them, but the inn keeper made room. So I thought that is what Jesus would want me to do. To make room for the guy with his pizza and pepsi pop. But I had you ask him bc I can't talk to strangers.:)" It was a great lesson for not only her, but me as well. Everyday I try to teach them to be more Christ-like, and like most days, they taught me.

Funny how confident I was in 2010 and how UNCERTAIN I am about 2011! We are expecting our 4th child in June and could not be happier!! Although we are ecstatic, so much is in limbo that it is a little scary. It is also ironic that i am more worried about this child's birth, than I was Cohens'! Seven years ago, Cody and I were 20 and 21, about to enter our junior year of college as full time students, both active in our fraternities, Cody on scholarship and an internship, and me knowing I was going to quit the bank after the baby all while living with my parents:) And yet this pregnancy I have more anxiety! I think I was young, silly, and naive:) I know that God WILL lead us through this trying time. I WILL stop throwing up and get out of bed on a regular basis soon (I pray). We WILL find a vehicle that will fit our entire family. We WILL figure out our basement and hopefully make it live able, adding more room, hopefully before the baby arrives. I am not for sure how it will all happen, but I am hopeful it will. Like everything is life, this is God's WILL. I need to remind myself that it is not that God has His head turned during all these struggles, He is simply looking ahead of us, to make sure we will stay protected on our journey. Here is to an exciting, and unpredictable 2011! God's peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment