OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Tuesday, March 8, 2011

a slice of heaven

This has nothing to do with Ree, but everything to do with food. So last week I noticed on facebook, that one of my friends was making a skillet chocolate chip cookie. I commented that she should share the link and she, clearly recognizing that I am obsessed with food, said she was just getting ready to link it to my page because she knew I would like it. Well it was about 8pm and the kiddos were in bed. I logged off facebook and started baking. But despite all the goodies around me, I could NOT for the life of me get the image of the cookie out of my head. See the thing is Mel did not know about my love for the chocolate chip cookie. It goes back decades. I have homemade mixes all baggied and ready to go so I don't even have to measure anything anymore! I just grab a kit and whip up some cookies. The pennicle of my obsession is the Old Chicago Big Cookie. I get one every time we go....and I have a hard time sharing. I have made "big cookies" before. I have even made little individual cookies like the ones at OC before in little corningware dishes. However, when I saw the skillet cookie, it was if the skies parted and I realized my life would never be the same. So as I was baking, unable to get the image out of my head, I made one. I figured I would try it and see how it was. Cody asked who was going to eat it and sadly a part of me thought it was perfect that I could indulge all by my lonesome. This was afterall a test run, so why subject the kiddos to a possibly bad dessert? What kind of mother would I be if I did that?! When the cookie came out of the oven I just stared at it....waiting for it to be ready for consumption. Unfortunately that did not happen long enough for me to take a picture of it....

I HAD to have some. It was unbelievable. Cody kept looking at me while I ate it because of the noises I was making. It was soooo good. It was warm, gooey, and a thick cookie! I kicked myself for being selfish because this really could feed a few people, but hey, you live and learn.
I enjoyed my little slice of heaven that night and have made three times since last week. My life will never be the same! Thanks Mel.

Here is the link: sorry about leaving it out, thought I had it in there:)

2 comments:

  1. Hey now!! You can't tell us how amazing it is and not share the recipe, or where to find the recipe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha - glad to share! I too have a life long story of chocolate chip cookies - mine is a search for a good one! This does take the cake and I too have made it multiple times in the past week and a half. I may never make a single, small choc chip cookie again!

    ReplyDelete