OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Monday, March 7, 2011

my Month with Ree- Day 16 and 17

One of another favorites of mine is Country Fried Steaks. It is one of those items I get whenever Cody takes me someplace that serves them. If it is an Italian restaurant-lasagna, an American grill- ribs, steakhouse- country fried steak. I LOVE THEM. I can't remember which family member it is now, but one of them traded me roasts for their minute steaks when we got beef because we go through them so fast! I LOVE MAKING COUNTRY FRIED STEAKS (chicken fried steaks to others). Yes they are bad for you, I realize this. But I hope you also realize that I clearly do not care. Country fried steaks are one of my comfort foods. They bring me happiness. I love my country fried steak recipe so i was a little leery about trying Ree's, but I did. It was funny too because I had a craving for it and went to get her cookbook to see how she made it. Except my mom had my cookbook....so I logged on and great minds think a like because Ree had posted it to her site a few days ahead of time (under Chicken fried steak). They were craving it too. See I know we would be friends. Anyway, I tried Ree's recipe and it was delightful. Very similar to mine, very tasty too. The reason this is the posting for day 16 and 17 is because I of course had to try her creamy mashed potatoes with it! Now these were AWESOME!! I'll never make potatoes the old way again. Her suggested ingredients made them so creamy. I did use whipping cream instead of half and half because that is what I had, but they still came out great. The meal brought me lots of comfort. Probably a few more pounds too, but oh well. I enjoyed every bite!

I use my handy dandy pampered chef coating trays for the coating meat process...
They really are handy. When I purchased them, I had chicken fried steaks in mind:)
Creamy mashed potatoes!! That is butter on top, not cheese!

DELICIOUS GOODNESS THAT RIGHT THERE!!

My happy place that quickly became my happy plate!
Chicken Fried steak
Grade A
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Grade A




1 comment:

  1. Looks fabulous! I need some of those pampered chef trays!!

    ReplyDelete