OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cohen's first Chiefs game!!!!

I am a HUGE football fan and have been since I was very little. I grew up watching the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame and the Kansas City Chiefs on my daddy's lap. My family has had season tickets to the Chiefs since I was 5 years old (so twenty years now). Many a trips have been made to KC for game day, and a TON of memories made. Although we have had tickets since Cohen was born, Cody and I decided not to take him to any games until he was five, same age as my first game. He would lose interest after halftime or be like me when I was little and think I needed food the entire time to keep myself occupied....although I still do that:). Anyway, on October 11th, Cohen got to go to his first Chief's game. It was really important to me that he did get to go to one when he was five and that it wasn't too late in the season b/c of cold weather (HA) and around the time the baby was due. I also wanted to make sure my dad could be there b/c going to games was kind of our thing. I learned to drive by going down the turnpike at abnormally high speeds with all the other crazy fans that "had to get a good spot". When I think of the Chiefs, I think of my dad and the fun I had with him. Anyway, they played the Dallas Cowboys and man was it chilly out!!!! I had a hard time getting him to understand that we like cowboys, just not these Cowboys. It was a great time and what made it even better was that mom and dad and "nony" were there to share in the excitement. I think we all watched Cohen's reaction to everything more than we watched the game. Cohen had a blast and felt like a "big" boy with all the adults. And just to prove he was like me, he would not leave until he got a snack at the stadium....he chose a SNOWCONE!!! What a great memory with our little man!







Me at my FIRST chiefs game--blame my mom for my attire--I am mortified by it:) Cohen wore this same Derrick Thomas jersey though!! DT will never go out of style.














Cutest little fan there!!

























My boys--LOVE THEM!













Three generations of Chief's fans
































He was obsessed with the foam finger and even took it to show and tell that week. He was really into screaming and booing and doing the tomahawk chop as well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment