OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Tuesday, April 7, 2009

up up and away

One of the things I love about Cody's mom is since he was the baby of the family she kept a lot of his toys from when he was a wee one. We have his Teddy Ruxpin, his extensive farm collection, walkie talkies, books, rock tumbler, microscope, and his KITE!! My momma kept a lot of my stuff too, but Miayla is still a little rough with everything to pass it on yet:) Armella, Cody's mom, gave Cohen Cody's kite in his Easter basket and Cohen could not wait to fly it. So one day after dinner, Cody took the kiddos out to fly it. They had never flown a kite before ( I know they are deprived) so they were so excited. Enjoy the pictures of the experience!

On another note, while they were getting the kite ready, I was cleaning up from supper and chocolate chip cookies were baking in the oven for dessert. I looked out the window and saw Cody with the kids and had a very AHA moment. I watched the way he interacted with them and how he is such a hands on dad. I know a lot of dads that are good dads, but don't play, cuddle, get dirty with, or read to their kids. And as I looked around the house and noticed the dishes in the sink and could smell the cookies, the moment captured me. I realized this is what it is all about. The everyday hussle and bussle of life that we pray will end of slow down. Granted it doesn't have to go in super sonic speed, but the pace is a reminder that we are not given a forever. We each have a day, a day to make our life a life that has lived. Hopefully the next day we can continue it again. Anyway, that night I realized that I have what a lot of people hope to have, a family with unconditional love, everyday things people, sometimes me, take forgranted.

On another note, there will not be any more kite pictures for awhile. On saturday, April 4, when Wichita was in a wind advisory for 4o mph gusts, Cody decided him and Cohen would go out and take the kite for another run....lets just say it didn't go so well;) so much for sentimental value, at least we still have teddy ruxpin!

No comments:

Post a Comment