OUR LIVES ARE MADE IN THESE SMALL HOURS, THESE LITTLE WONDERS, THESE TWISTS & TURNS OF FATE.




Monday, March 16, 2009



The Story of Us


Here is the story of how Cody and I came to be (well the short version). It is amazing to think that two people who grew up worlds apart would one day realize that the other one was their entire world. Hopefully if you don't know us and our story, this will get you caught up.


Cody was born on June 24th and grew up in Norwich, Kansas on the farm. I was born on November 25th and grew up in Wichita, Kansas.
























He knew early on that he would always have a love for making money (he is holding steaks in one hand and a calf in the other;)


















... and I knew I would always love cake:)


















Cody went to Norwich high school and received the Jabara Scholarship at WSU for a full four years of college. I graduated from Bishop Carroll and I didn't receive squat....I didn't apply for squat either:) The only thing I knew, was that I was too close to my family to go too far away...I still am that way.


That is where our paths crossed.....

We met the first day of school at Wichita State University in Algebra class in August 2002. The teacher told us to introduce ourselves to each other, so we did. He thought I was cute and I honestly thought he was dressed funny and needed my fashion advice. We quickly became inseperable.



















This is our first picture as a couple:) We were at a Sig ep soccer game and I had my lucky sweatshirt on, yay me!
















We were having fun (maybe a little too much fun) and enjoying our college experience. We were together everyday and night and he made my heart smile. Then we had an "unexpected blessing"--well nine months later....


We are about to have a baby. The smiles are covering the massive amount of fear and the unknown...and Cody has no idea what is about to hit him:)
















Cohen David was born on July 22nd, 2004. He was born at 1:37 am and is still an early bird. We really had no idea what to expect, but it all went very well. Labor and delivery were great and the whole experience was amazing. I know I am a freak for loving the process of delivering a child, but I can't help it!















This is the first picture of us as a family :) I wish I would of thought more about the fact that lots of pictures were going to be taken...i learned my lesson.

Cody and I got married on October 22nd, 2005. I graduated in December of 2005 and Cody graduated in May of 2006. He would start the masters program the next semester--he loves school.


















We were a very happy little family. We had no clue what was ahead of us, but we knew that together we could get through it


Then on July 16th, 2006, God blessed us with our second bundle of joy, a little girl named Miayla Renee. (you pronounce it me-a-la...we made it up;) ) Cohen was overjoyed about having a little sister....actually he was really excited about the balloon, which is ironic because when my brother was born, that is all I cared about too.









We could not believe we had a little girl!!! I still can't at times...maybe because she doesn't act like one. I think she is my ENTIRE life's stubborness in one little bundle. She is a major daddy's girl, which I secretly love. I was a daddy's girl...she will be spoiled:) Mia is probably one of the funniest people I know, she truly cracks me up.


We built a house outside of Wichita a little over a year and a half ago and we love it here. The house is definitly a HOME. There is so much cooking and cuddling here, I LOVE IT!








Life has many ups and downs, but we are ready for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment